Friday, September 18, 2009

TV. and the Recession

Alessandra Stanley wrote an interesting article called, "New Fall TV Seasons Tackle Hard Economic Times", that takes an interesting view of how tv in some ways echoes the mood right now. I think she is right, for people usually watch something they can relate to. Even if in the slightest way, they can relate. I think the new shows this fall have more conflicts that the characters have to deal with. In some ways I wonder, do we make shows like that so in comparison to our life they are worse? Are we trying to deny something? The mood though is really echoed through our shows because that is what people care about right now. They can relate to the characters conflicts and feelings. What will hapen if we pull out of this ressesion? Will what we watch suddenly change? Is tv an insight to how people are feeling?

1 comment:

  1. This is very good, I like your imput. When the producers make the movie I think they try to put it into a place where othere people can relate. The movie production changes all the time. So I think it is easier now to be a actor.

    ReplyDelete